Thursday, July 23, 2009

This picture was 10 years ago, nearly to the day!


We know it was 10 years ago because, Ethan was Dad's 60th birthday present and Ethan was the tiny infant in the picture. That is how we tell time in the photos. Who was that baby, Ethan? Then that was Grandpa's birthday season. I missed that Evvy face because I was on the other side of her hugging Papa. What a great big "KoolAid" smile she gave him! She said, here I am Gramps, I am a new woman, I am a big sister now. Look what I brought you me and my new new baby brother. I was so concentrating on Dad that day that I couldn't see how glad she was to be in a new position and to show that off. Now that she is 13 there is so much womanliness to her that I never see quite that level of gleam in her eyes anymore. That makes me a little sad, that I couldn't just sit there and look into her eyes and catch that enthusiasm.



Psalm of the day**********************************Psalm 119:17-24~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Gimel~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Deal bountifully with Your servant, That I may live and keep Your word. Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law. I am a stranger in the earth; Do not hide Your commandments from me. My soul breaks with longing for Your judgments at all times. You rebuke the proud--------the cursed, who stray from Your commandments. Remove from me reproach and contempt, For I have kept Your testimonies. Princes also sit and speak against me, but Your servant meditates on Your statutes. Your testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.




The day of the Chocolate kiss escapade that is what Grandma and I were doing. Going through old slides and looking at the expressions. Right before the phone rang with the fearsome news that Dad was looking for his "woebegone" Kiss; Grandma put a photo in that little slide viewer and put it to my eyes. In that little viewer was a glimpse of Joanne and Amy at 2 and 3 years old, at the park and just looking out into nowhere, with that same look that Ev has in this photo. I started crying immediately and Gram didn't know what to do. Why are you crying? she asked me. I never did see that look in their faces. I really didn't see how beautiful they were. As we were crying and eating crackers and cheese the phone rang and the rest is history. Jo bailed me out of that one big time.
Now Evvy, is the woman to watch. She is such a drama queen with antics that are so uninhibited. She went to camp and did a skit for the other children with some real SNL type comedy. She said Enoch doesn't like when I act out, he gets embarrassed at me. He thinks he is going to have to beat somebody up for her antics. It keeps him ever watchful. They have grown from the original Thing one and thing two from the cat in the hat characters into a couple of really neat children.
I still miss Emily:(. She's at camp this week.

No comments:

Title- The Studious One!

Title-  The Studious One!
artwork by Elyse

Of biscuits and syrup

Of biscuits and syrup
tasty treats

Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday!
a day at the Raptor Center.

Widdle Emmie in outer space school

Emmie jumped on the bus and off it flew out into the atmosphere. There was a set of clouds with turbulence right above the house and it took a few minutes for my Emmie to buckle her seatbelt. They hit the bump hard and it knocked my Emmie out of her seat and she bumped her head. The video camera came on and the monitor looked through and stated, Ms. Emmie, where are you? You are not in your seat. Where are you? I am alright I fell because I hadn’t buckled correctly. Well jump up Emmie we have a long way to go and you have to be buckled there is entirely too much turbulence in the stratosphere for you to unbuckle now. As soon as we are through this weather system there will be straight sailing but right now you must buckle. Emmie scrambled into the seat with intensity and purpose now. She watched every cloud pass her window and her nose was pressed to the window trying to see the top of the house as it drifted slowly out of sight. Soon they were not only out of sight of the house, the sun came out brightly and just as quickly they were putting on the atmospherical breathing apparatus and the outerspherical lights. The ABA and the OL. These precautions were to make them appear to be satellites to the radar as they were out in the ionosphere. Emmie knew all about this now. She had gone to the orientation and had a good breakfast and it took them 20 minutes for her to get out past the atmospherical pull and to feel the zero gravity. It would be 15 minutes before the gravity simulators would take effect, a glitch in the system which was being worked on. Until then, they enjoyed the couple of minutes of floatation, while being connected to the seats by belt. The first thing they saw everyday was the strataflotsam. The items which had been dumped into the atmosphere by earlier generations. What would their generation do about this ecological waste area that remained floating above their heads? This was a question for the generations. For now it was the area that they had to guide through on the way to school.

Midnight at the OASIS

Midnight at the OASIS
Sunset in Huntersville

My little Emmie

ran to the bus on the first day of the last year of school. 2 buns on the side of her head. She kissed me and ran at dawn to the bus. She was starting the adventure of a lifetime. I would never see that little girl again, she was going to woman school!

My Father and I 1989

My Father and I 1989

to the tune of Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

A VISIT TO PAPA











Are you going to Mary Immaculate?

Apricots, Chocolate Cherries and Pie,



Remember me to the one who lived there,



He once was a true love of mine,



Tell him to buy me an acre of land,



Apricots, Chocolate Cherries and Pie,



Between the muddy Hudson in Jamaica Bay,



Then, He’ll be a true love of mine,

Tell him to sow in it seeds of pure cream,



Apricots, Chocolate Cherries and Pie,



And build Ice cream mountains and buildings of whipped cream,

Then, He’ll be a true love of mine,



Tell him to reap them with sickles of M&M’s,



Apricots, Chocolate Cherries and Pie,



And chew bubble gum and eat till we’re done,



Then, He’ll be a true love of mine.



Tell him to run it off down the motor parkway,



Apricots, Chocolate Cherries and Pie,



After your done 50 pushups



and jog down the West Side Highway,



Then he’ll be a true love of mine…

(Don’t wait for me today dad, The kids are sick again, My tummy’s bulging again, My heart is aching again, And now there’s no love there…)





He once was, a true love of mine….So, Girls, I do beg you don't miss your Daddy,Apricots, Chocolate cherries and Pie,You have one short chance to see him on this side, Go visit him and let your light shine.